Sunday, July 23, 2006

One more thing on the matter of the speaking hole


You may recall my recent episode with a sound installation in a drainage hole (see post entitled "This you will not believe"). Yesterday, I showed it to my friends Joel the Younger and Rebecca. We created our own artsy installation with plane tickets and paper aeroplanes, Joel took this picture of it with his camera phone, and text messaged it to the number provided for feedback by the artist himself, Markku "Sika" (The Pig) Puustinen. In an hour or so, we had a reply from the man: Sikahyvää matkaa Sika toivottaapi, which loosely translates as "Have a swinishly good trip, from The Pig". We were tickled pink.

2 comments:

nmj said...

i like this markku puustinen, he seems to me like an oracle . . .

Anna MR said...

I must say I am enormously fond of the piece and the whole idea (no pun intended!), but in particular, of the faux nonchalance expressed by people who live in the area towards the various other sods huddling around the speaking drain...