Monday, June 12, 2006

Finland, the promised land of funny headgear

Right then dear hearts, here we are. We didn't miss the planes, although it was close in LAX, and they didn't crash, although I was convinced they would. My husband broke the car, but that was only on his way back from Kona, and although it was a bracing +9 C when we arrived, the sun is up (for most of a 24-hour period) and it is already considerably warmer.

Do you like this hat? Learn to say "kiva hattu", or "nice hat" in Finnish. You get the most outrageous headgear here.

This is going to be the sister site to My Hawai'ian Diary, only valid while I am in Finland. Currently I think it will consist mainly of pictures, although uploading them seems so difficult on my father's Windows machine, I am uncertain whether I will ever post again.

No comments: