Monday, June 26, 2006

The sauna cures feelings of displacement and all other human ills...


...what the sauna doesn't cure, will kill you, they say.
A view of the lake from the sauna. I took this picture at around 11:30 pm, round mid-June, when there were still a few nights left for it to get even lighter. (Of course now, we're only heading for the darker times again.)

My gran taught me to make reed boats the way her brother had made them. My summertime friends, the boys next door, refined and updated the design. I spent most of my childhood summers making these...

4 comments:

nmj said...

Hey Anna Mr! The lake's beautiful, and the reed boat is exquisite . . .

KSx said...

Those are nice pictures, Anna. If the boat was sitting right on one of the green patches, it would look like a colossal statue over islets and bays.

nmj said...

yeah, i agree, kurt, i thought anna's photo looked like something from google earth, really is an interesting image, the wee boat just looks so *pure*.

Anna MR said...

Hello guys, glad to know you haven't forgotten me in my absence!